Sunday, November 7, 2010

Does God speak through fortune cookies?

Autumn has spent her grandeur. The trees are shedding the last of their golden leaves. The days are getting shorter. The cold morning air lingers a bit longer. Which means it's time for us to pack up and head to Phoenix. To family. To friends. To warmer weather. My heart says, "Yes". My heart says, "No".  So much to gain, so much to leave behind. I asked God to give me direction. I cracked open a fortune cookie, and there, expressed in God's infinite humor, was a message about travelling to the west. 


The Israelites were guided out of Egypt by a pillar of cloud to guide them by day and a pillar of fire to give them light at night. This being modern times, I would expect a less obvious sign, but does a fortune cookie count

No comments:

Post a Comment