Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Santa Cruz Boardwalk 2001

There they were - five kids packed tight in a photo booth as only cousins could be during a once a year vacation that spanned the distance from Chicago to California.

Five precious faces frozen in time.
Cousins hamming it up for the camera - a split second chance to look happy, silly, surprised after a day at the beach.

I spied the photo strip in a glass cabinet at Kirk and Beth's house between Christmas and New Year's. I had to have a copy. What a gift to behold - somehow different from the dozens of snapshots we took that week in 2001.

Huddled together as they were makes me feel like I could wrap my arms around them all at once - my son, daughter and nephews. So much has happened since that long ago day. The children have grown up but the connection remains....

Bryant, Chase, Katie, Jared
December 2010
Nick
December 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment