Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Ozzie strikes again...again

                                                                                                                             
The hunter lying in wait
Ozzie is single-handedly ridding our neighborhood of baby bunnies, chipmunks and mice. The mice part is good - even though I didn't like seeing him flip one in the air by the tail and play with it after its demise. I didn't like backing over a mouse in the driveway yesterday, even though it was already a goner. I'm neutral on the chipmunks. I wish they were a little smarter and a little quicker. I watched Ozzie pursue one that actually had a few chances to get away after the original pounce, but failed to do so. I'm sad about the baby bunnies, even though they can be a menace for gardeners. My neighbor Debbie saw Ozzie running across the street from her yard to mine with a bunny in his mouth and the mommy bunny in hot pursuit. The good news is Jeff is finding less bunnies and more mice as Ozzie moves into the role he was meant to play.


Wide-eyed and innocent

No comments:

Post a Comment