Monday, March 22, 2010

Leaving Phoenix



Like migratory birds, we chased the sun and headed southwest to Phoenix where we nested from November through March - with the exception of Christmas.
Stepping out most winter mornings like a schoolgirl on holiday, I marveled at air so warm I could feel summer on my skin. The bluest skies and the lightest breezes filled my heart with prayer and gratitude.

What I didn't anticipate was how difficult it would be to leave Phoenix and the pretty little lake house that has all we need but much less than we have in Hinsdale. I will miss waking up to a lake view, walking around the neighborhood circle, dinners with Nick and Lizzy, sunset cruises, seeing family, hanging out with Jerry and Lanie and being surrounded by mountains so green they look unnatural for the desert. It's been a beautiful winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment