Monday, September 21, 2009

Mellow yellow summer


I wanted to post these photos all summer and here it is the last day before autumn. I was fascinated by the canaries in our yard and tried time and again to take a photo but...

Every time I'd run to get the camera, they'd fly away - so I'd keep the camera handy.

Then when I opened the back door, they'd fly away - so I tried sneaking around from the front, but they saw me.

Finally on August 15, two days before we left for Arizona to take Katie back to college, I photographed this lone canary from the kitchen window. He struck some nice poses and was a pretty obliging subject as he feasted on coneflower seeds. The coneflowers are past their prime now and the canaries are gone from my view, replaced by the constant activities of squirrels running up the trees across the yard and over the roof. I wonder how easy squirrels are to photograph.




No comments:

Post a Comment